Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hannah turns 2!

My baby girl is 2 years old!  How did that happen?  I don't know how it happened, but it did.  Funny thing, time doesn't really listen when you ask it to slow down.  Hannah has officially crossed over from the stage of telling her age in months, to now telling it in years.  Sigh.  If I didn't feel so overwhelmingly blessed and full, I guess I could be a little sad about it all.  But then I'd miss today.  These precious moments that are happening all around me right now.  So, I'm going to choose to embrace today and all that is in store, and enjoy the 3rd year of being a mommy just as much as I have the first two.  Hannah had her two year check-up on the same day that Derrick had his 2 month check-up.  She weighed 24 1/2 pounds (up from 17 lbs and 7.5 oz at her 1 year check-up) and her height was 32 3/4 inches (up from 29.5 inches).  I did a list of things about Hannah at 22 months, so I'll just list a few things about Hannah at two years old that I want to remember...

1.  She is hilarious!  I think I've said that before...
2.  She loves music...often making up her own songs about pretty much anything...
3.  She loves to cuddle on mommy and daddy's bed...
4.  She loves to lay in her own bed after waking up in the morning or after a nap with all of her stuffed animals (she doesn't sleep with them, but she likes to get them in after she wakes up.  And she'll be sure to tell you when it is her nap time that they need to go to their bed for nap time in the closet).
5.  She is completely day potty trained. She still wears a diaper or pull-up at night.
6.  She can sing her ABC's.
7.  Her favorite desert is orange sherbert...
8.  She is still a good eater...
9.  She knows her colors and shapes...
10.  She can draw a circle (not perfectly, but it's still a circle).
11.  She is alot like her mama (poor girl lol, but she has a silly bone that I think she got from her daddy).

I could keep going and going, but I'll stop for now...just know that we love this girl with everything we have...and Derrick loves her too...you can already tell...it will be fun to see how their sibling relationship continues to grow...

We celebrated Hannah's birthday minnie mouse style!  She loves minnie mouse even though she's never actually seen her on T.V.   She just has a couple of minnie mouse dolls and she's been hooked since she got them.  My mom and one of my nephews came down on Friday night to help decorate and then on Saturday, the other grandparents, Aunt, Uncle (Ashley woke up sick so he and Sachiko didn't make it) and cousins showed up for pool fun and Roy's barbeque for lunch.   I think Hannah enjoyed her day...

 7:24am...her exact birth time....

 Anxiously waiting to see her decorations downstairs...

 Hannah and cousin Aaron...



 In her minnie mouse dress that Grandmama got for her...








 Some of the kiddos...

 Grandma with Derrick and Riann...

 Now we're having fun!

 Derrick and Katie...

 Pool time!  Bryan's mom had four of her nieces and nephew for the weekend, so they got to come too...Hannah loved having all these kids here for her birthday!

 Hannah and daddy...

 Ann Wesley and Riann...

 Aaron...

 I got in on the fun while Grandmama and Katie were taking turns holding Derrick...


 Minnie cupcakes and cake pops...the cake pops were super easy...cake donut holes covered in icing from a spray can stuck on pop sticks....

 minnie cake!

 The birthday girl right after blowing out her candles...

 Even the big kids enjoyed some of Hannah's new toys!

 Everybody playing after present time...

 Hannah's friend, Lena...

 papaw K stealin' a kiss from the birthday girl...

 Grandmama enjoying a cup of Joe...

 Deep conversation between Uncle Rob and Papaw P. at the desert table...

 Sally and me...

 Lena really liked Hannah's minnie mouse shoes...

 More deep conversation...

 Aunt Pammie with sweet Derrick...

 Grandmama cuddling sweetie pie...

 Papaw P. and little D...

 I think he enjoyed the party too!

 You can never have too many balloons at a birthday party...

 Nanny P. cuddling little guy...

 Hannah and me after letting the last of the pink balloons go...

 All ready to go in her minnie mouse pj's and backpack Aunt Pammie, Uncle Rob, Wesley and Aaron got her....

"Thanks for coming folks...see ya next year!"


No comments:

Post a Comment