Friday, November 9, 2012

The rest of August...

So, I'm a little behind on blog posts so here is another month of pictures for my scrapbook...

After Hannah's birthday party which got it's own blog, here is what we were up to for the rest of August...
THIS AND THAT
Derrick and Daddy doing a little front  porch sittin' and rockin' 

 CHEESE!!!!

 Tummy time

 This is Hannah's most recent smile

 Playing with new birthday toys...serving up a little cake to all of her friends...notice minnie mouse in the background sitting in the highchair with her piece of cake

 Bath time!  Look at the handsome boy!

 Sibling love...melt.my.heart.

 Feeding a bottle to monkey...she is serious business when she is mothering...and there has been alot of that since Derrick arrived.

PICNIC AT THE PARK
 Grubbin' on KFC

 This was Derrick's first trip to the park

 Hannah enjoying some swing time with daddy

 Fun in the tunnel!

 Right before going down the big slide...the cutest part was right before they went down, Hannah looked over the edge and said in her sweet voice, "Are you ready mommy?!"  I think I got that on video.

 First time at the park tuckered a boy out

MORE THIS AND THAT
 Play time with daddy!

 Playing under the cave that we made on a rainy day...Hannah like to pretend looking for ruby's, pearls and diamonds...love her imagination

 More tummy time for big D

 I pulled out this fine motor activity that I had introduced a couple of months back, but she wasn't interested at that time.  This time was a different story.  She was so intense and focused to get all of the marbles on the golf tees...

 And she did it!  Good job Hannah...look at that smile!

 Shaving cream fun in the water table...Hannah loves playing with all of her toy snakes and frogs...then she got out her cars and pretended they were driving through the snow

 Derrick got in on the action too!  A little tummy time play outside on a warm day!

 I realize there's alot of pink around Derrick in this picture.  But on this particular morning, Hannah wanted to share all of her friends with Derrick when we were playing up in her room.  She kept bringing them to him and placing them all around.  Too sweet.

 Does anyone know where Hannah is?

 Stare off...

SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR GRANDMA
Grandma is known for pulling off surprises for everyone else, especially birthdays, so we thought it would be fun to have a surprise birthday dinner for her.  It was hard to keep it from her since she's usually the planner int the family, but we pulled it off.  Bryan called to see if she would watch the kids for us while we had lunch and did some shopping...Steve thought that might be the only way to ensure that she wouldn't agree to work that day.  She happily agreed.  Then, Steve talked her into going to Sam's that morning while me, Bryan, the kids, Ashley, Sachiko and the kids all arrived at their house.  It worked!  She was completely shocked!  When she walked in the door, we all jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!"  I think they neighbors heard her she screamed so loud! And then I think she may have shed a few happy tears. Sachiko and I cooked all the sides and got a cake and Steve grilled steaks.  It was a great day of visiting and celebrating Grandma.  Oh, and I didn't get a picture of this, but Sachiko and Ashley gave Linda a card that said..."Just when you thought it couldn't get better...we're pregnant!"  What a fun day of surprises!

 Grandma hanging out with her two grandboys

 Cousins playing

 Ashley and Hannah having a tea party

 Sachiko and Derrick..doesn't she have that new mama glow!

 Birthday girl!

 Bryan and Steve taking care of the grilling

 So, I forgot candles...I think this one worked great!

 Blowing out the candles

 Bryan playing with the kids

 Steve, Sachiko and Ashley just hanging out

 Swim time

 Derrick and Papaw K

 Time for riding bikes!

 And throwing rocks...

And another huge milestone....Jesse learns to ride his bike!

 HE'S OFF!

 Go Jesse!

 Sweet face

 Derrick and Grandma

 More fun

 I'm usually taking the pictures, but Bryan captured a mommy/daughter moment

 Wish you could hear his squeel in this picture

 Ashley and Derrick hanging out

PICTURE SCAVENGER HUNT
One morning when Derrick was napping, Hannah wanted to take pictures with her pretend camera, so I suggested that we go on a picture scavenger hunt outside.  She got so excited!  We grabbed my camera, her pretend camera (which was the top of a plastic tea pitcher), the baby monitor so we could keep an eye on Derrick, and off we went...Hannah was in complete control of what we took pictures of...my intentions were to print the pictures out to make her own little picture book, but that hasn't happened yet....

 The first thing she wanted to take a picture of...our pond

 The willow tree...Hannah LOVES willow trees.  Anytime we are traveling, we see how many we can find along the way.  And she love walking down and sitting in the wooden chairs under the tree to talk and have a snack.

 Our duck, Donald

 Our house
 Our shadows

 Our feet

 Another picture of the house at a distance

 The hay bails

 Another view of the hay bails

 Donald again

 A little yellow flower (or weed, I'm not really sure)

 And off she goes with her camera

 I did manage to get one picture of Hannah by the hay bail

MORE OF THIS AND THAT
 Playing with her stacker pegs

 A honey comb from a bee hive that our neighbor gave.  Bryan got about 3 quarts of raw honey out of two of those...it doesn't get much more local than that!

 Sunday afternoon time after naps watching deer hunting or football

 Mommy playing with both her babes

 Hannah started her official "tot school" with our first unit starting with creation..."God created the Heavens and the earth."  Genesis 1:1

 Creation Day 1:  day and night

 Playing "put out the fire" with sidewalk chalk....this is supposed to be a ladder leading up to the fire

 Hannah squeezing water out of sponges to "put out the fire"

 Then she realized the water hose puts out the fire alot quicker! 

Hey there...

 Painting a cereal box covered in white paper for her "A is for Apple"

 Finished product...

 Look at that cute butty butt

Sweetness...

Next up...Derrick turns 4 months old!  I'm only two months behind...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment