Thursday, April 5, 2012

Surprise Baby Shower!

I've talked before about Hannah and I going on Thursday mornings to play with our friend Lena  while her mom is taking an ESL class.  Well, this past Thursday (March 29th), Karen Burnham, Marilee, Sally (Lena's mom) and Toshie had a special surprise for me...a baby shower!  It was extra special for alot of reasons, but one reason was because some of my small group friends from before we moved were there. Here are some pictures from the shower.....

 What a spread!

 Cute keepsakes...

 Precious booties that have a place on the bottom to record Derrick's weight and length...

 Karen made homemade chicken salad and pimento cheese and Laura B. made cookie dough dip...uh, yum!

 Sally made my favorite Japanese sweet treat...red bean bread and Toshie made one of my new favorites, rice balls and also fried chicken pieces...again, yum!

 Karen's pimento cheese...yummo!

 The kiddos had a blast running around playing together....

 I don't think Cash knows what to think about those two energetic girls...

 Look at B's sweet smile...

 And another sweet smile from Cash...I love his t-shirt Kasey Jo!

 I barely caught Hannah still enough to get a quick smile, and as you can tell from the blur, she really wasn't still...and I never could get one of Lena...it would have been great to have all four kiddos together, but they were way too busy playing...

 My lovely hostesses from left to right:  Marilee, Toshie, Sally, me (35 weeks pregnant) and Karen.  This was Toshie and Sally's first baby shower.  They told me that in Japan, you have family that come after your baby is born and they bring money...

 Just a quick snapshot of Kasey Jo, Deanna and Nereida...Lara M. had already left, but I was so appreciative of her being there too.  I'm not sure where Laura B. was in this pic.

 Nereida and sweet Silas...

Laura B. and sweet Hudson...and they didn't plan on dressing the boys in overalls, they just both showed up like that...they looked like twins!  So cute!

Thank you all so much for such a wonderful shower!

1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time! Just can't wait for baby Derrick to get here!

    ReplyDelete