Friday, April 20, 2012

H is for Hannah!

So, I haven't really started any kind of organized "tot school" (can you ever have an "organized" tot school?) with Hannah, but I've been trying to organize my thoughts and ideas on where I would like to begin.  I love the Bible curriculum and the organized web page of abcjesuslovesme.com and I love the letter, color and craft activities I have found on notimeforflashcards.com.  I have also really enjoyed looking at totally tots blog and the activity mom.  We've just been kind of doing our own thing right now and Hannah has been having a big time.  I have set up a little craft/activity/learning supplies area in our laundry room where we keep everything at least stored in one area and Hannah will now go to the door and say "actibity mommy?".  I know I'm her mom, but it really is too cute.  I also love following my friends" blogs and getting great ideas from them as well.

Anyway, with that being said, last week Hannah seemed really interested in her new letters on her wall...HMK(her initials), specifically the H, so I decided we should do a few activities and talk about the letter H.  She knows and recognizes that the letter H is the first letter of her name, but I found a few more easy activities(I think from no time for flash cards blog) to expand the letter H in her mind.....

 H is for hand...I can't believe Hannah let me trace her hand four times!  And of course, she picked orange paper....her favorite color for the past two weeks...

 Hannah trying to squeeze the glue out on the letter H...

 Her little hands just weren't strong enough, so we went with a bowl of glue and q-tips...much better for her...

Now the hand prints...

 And this is my attempt at trying to get a picture of Hannah with the final product...Have I mentioned that lately Hannah will not stand still for a picture, and actually runs from the camera?

 Another attempt...

 And another....

 And another...lol!

 Finally, I just decided to take a pic of the "actibity" by itself...

  A few days later, we did that same type of activity with hearts...these are hearts that I cut out from sticky foam paper.  Hannah just enjoyed sticking them on like stickers....

 And then on another day, we decided to puffy paint a heart like we did back in March with our Shamrock for St. Patrick's day...

 Hannah loves messy....

 So fun!

H is for Heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment