FRIDAY/APRIL 6
The weekend started on Good Friday enjoying and amazing fish fry at church. Bryan couldn't be there because he had already planned to go to "Secret Church" with a friend, so Hannah and I went solo. I was only able to get a few pictures because Hannah was on the run, so it's mostly of the kids playing while the fish and hush puppies were being cooked. I wish I had gotten more pictures of everyone there and the outside cooking action. Anyway, Hannah loves all of the kids at church and it seems that they love her. I think she is the second youngest child in the church (the other being about 7 months old or so). Here is just a glimpse at the fun...
I wish I knew what Hannah was thinking in this picture...
Sydney is so good with Hannah...
I love how all the kids want to help her....
More fun with the big kids...
SATURDAY/APRIL 7
Saturday was kind of a busy day. Bryan was trying to get some yard work done and I was trying to get some of my continued education done so Grandma Keene came down to play with Hannah that morning. She left around lunch, we fed Hannah and then headed to Bowling Green. I dropped Hannah and Bryan off at Grandma and Papaw Keene's house and then I headed to work for a couple of hours. After work, I came back to Grandma and Papaw Keene's and joined the Easter fun. Ashley, Sachiko, Jesse and Riann were also there and the kids had already opened their Easter baskets from Grandma and Papaw. Hannah enjoyed showing me her new swim wear, Bible books, some yogurt treats and a fun pop up toy. We all had fun riding bikes, playing in the rocks and the big boys playing basketball while Grandma was finishing up supper. Hannah loves ball of any kind so it's a wonder the guys got to actually play much since it was hard to keep Hannah from wanting to be right in the middle. I got a picture of Bryan holding Hannah up to shoot the basketball, but it is on my phone. I haven't downloaded any pictures from my phone and I don't know how long that will take (because I never do it) so there will only be a few pics posted here. I'll have to come back later and add them in. After a wonderful meal the kids hid Easter eggs for the adults first an then the adults hid them for the kids. I know that sounds odd, but I seriously think the kids enjoy hiding them and watching us run around like crazy people more than they like finding them. Then everyone played outside a little more and it was time to go home....a great time....
Grandma and Hannah riding bikes...
I think the conversation went..."You wanna race? I'll give you a head start Papaw."
SUNDAY/APRIL 8
Our Japanese friends Roy, Sally and Lena came to church with us on Easter Sunday morning. Hannah was super excited about Lena being there, eating lunch with us and then hours of play after. The service was beautiful...both convicting, encouraging and hopeful. I have never heard an Easter Sermon where it was explained in such detail that if someone walked in off the street who new nothing about why Christians celebrate Easter, they would know with probably most of their questions answered after being there. The music was beautiful as well. I can't remember now what the song is called, but the choir did a special that was a song we sang every night on our first mission trip to South Asia. It brought back some wonderful memories and reminded me to not cease in my praying for the faces I brought home in pictures and those that are there that I know are being heavily persecuted for their faith in Jesus.
After the service Roy, Sally and Lena came back to our house for lunch, Bryan and Roy went fishing at Lake Malone and Sally and I visited while Lena and Hannah played. We had such a wonderful time visiting with our sweet friends....
Neither Hannah nor Lena were interested in taking a picture, but they both still look precious in the Easter dresses...
Group picture...
Family picture...as you can see, Hannah is already out of her shoes...
36 weeks and 1 day pregnant...
What a good big sister she is going to be!
We REALLY wanted to get the girls in a picture just the two of them, but this was the best we got, which is why I'm even in this picture...I was trying to keep them still (lol!).
Me and my girl...
MONDAY NIGHT/APRIL 9
We did the resurrection egg presentation for our family devotion that night and even though she was too young to comprehend it, I think she probably understood more than we can imagine. And she really had fun opening the eggs. I didn't get any pics of this though...It truly has been a wonderful week and weekend of celebrating our RISEN SAVIOR.
Me and my girl...
MONDAY NIGHT/APRIL 9
Bryan and I had gotten a special gift for Hannah for Easter, but didn't get a chance to give it to her until Monday night. I was trying to find something with a cross on it, or something specific about Christ, but when I came across this I thought it was perfect. A little pink bracelet that says special daughter...her first piece of jewelry. It came in a little pink box that has a little poem on it that basically says how blessed we are that she is our daughter....
We did the resurrection egg presentation for our family devotion that night and even though she was too young to comprehend it, I think she probably understood more than we can imagine. And she really had fun opening the eggs. I didn't get any pics of this though...It truly has been a wonderful week and weekend of celebrating our RISEN SAVIOR.
No comments:
Post a Comment