The vacation started with my sister calling me at 5 pm her time and yelling through the phone "Woo Hoo! I'm on vacation!" You see, as soon as she got off work, she, my brother-in-law, my two nephews and my mom headed down to our house. My mom, sister and me spent most of the night fixing food....mom's famous chicken salad and pimento cheese, and me and Pamela cut up some fruit and veggies. Bryan and Rob spent alot of time laughing at how much food we had sitting out in the middle of the floor for the trip. But I must say that I think ALL of the food was eaten up! The boys camped out on the floor on the air mattress...it took a while for us all to fall asleep...we were just so excited! It reminded me of trips when I was a kid....I would always get so excited, not sleep, then sleep all the way down. I worked myself up over 1 day trips like to Kings Island like that too.....Anyway, we left at around 7:30am the next morning after I nursed Hannah.
First of all, I have to say that Hannah was a super trooper when it came to riding 11 hours in a car with only 3 stops! 11 hours because for two of those stops I nursed Hannah and one of the stops was for everyone to eat lunch. Hannah only got fussy the last 1 1/2 to 2 hours of the ride. She talked and we sang during her normal waking hours, she napped pretty much on schedule and then the portable DVD player was a help those last two hours getting there and getting home. Here is the trip in pictures......
Bryan, the boys and Hannah couldn't resist getting in the pool as soon as we got there....even though it was way past Hannah's bed time....
Fun in the pool!
Hannah loved jumping the waves with Bryan...made my heart skip a beat though!
I think daddy may be in love...
Rob and Aaron building sand castles...
Hannah enjoying her first taste of Italian ice...yummy!
Cuddle time on the beach...
Is this not the sweetest picture ever of two handsome boys and one adorable little miss...go cats!
the Aviation Naval Museum...would totally recommend it...and it's free!
Attempting to get a group pic...this was the best we got...Grandmama is taking the pic...
Grandmama teaching Hannah about helicopters...
Getting dry and ready for nap time...
Cuddle time with Grandmama...
Bryan and the boys...
Fun in the sun! Hannah loved playing at the waters edge letting the water come up over her legs...she didn't like playing in just the sand though...didn't want it on her hands at all...
Our only night that we ate out (we cooked in and grilled out alot)...at the seafood shack...
Chillin' with daddy in the pool....Bryan gotta a little burnt the day before which is why he has his t-shirt on...
I love it when she cuffs her hands around my face...
Precious moment that Bryan caught on camera...
Exploring...
More exploring...
daddy and daughter...
My favorite...
Precious memories...
Thanks to Grandmama, we got a few family pics on the beach...
Hannah and Grandmama before going out to eat at the Seafood Shack...
Hannah doesn't seem to be too timid about much of anything right now....should I be worried?
Our attempt at a cool picture...I put it in here for my own scrap booking purposes...
Aunt Pammy and Hannah...
We did get to go putt putting one night...Rob and his boys...
My sister and her family...nice looking I do say!!!
Aaron getting serious about some putt putt....lining it up...I think he may have won...
Perdido Key...Wonderful trip, wonderful memories.....
Loved reading all the new posts and catching up with you guys! I can't believe how much Hannah has grown! Love your sweet family!
ReplyDelete