Friday, February 25, 2011

6 Month Checkup

So, Hannah is going to be 7 months old next Saturday, but her 6 month check-up was today.  Weighing in at 13 pounds and 4.6 ounces and 26 inches long, the doc says she's right where she needs to be.  She's not a very big baby, but she is growing right along her growth chart as she should.  She has almost doubled her birth weight and she has grown 7 total inches!  She is in 43% for height and 3% for weight.  The nurse kept saying "what a happy baby you have!" and Hannah even reached out for the nurse to hold her which is a pretty big deal since she is pretty much attached to mama most of the time.  She had a HUGE poopy right before we went which is probably why she was so happy....she had to feel good getting all of that out! 

Things she is doing....

1.  Sitting up by herself while using both hands to play (usually for about an hour with me right there, because she will topple over on occasion).

2.  Rolling from front to back...still not from back to front, but I don't know that she ever will...she does NOT like being on her tummy.  It's so cute...I'll put her on her tummy and she rolls over really quick and smiles at me waiting for the applause since that's what we started doing when she first started rolling a couple of months ago.  I try to practice rolling from back to front with the same applause, but she's just not into it yet.

3.  She is picking up objects with both hands separately and together and passing items from hand to hand.

4.  She loves butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and prunes.  She will eat avocado, but I don't get the same "mmm" as I do with the others.

5.  She is sleeping through the night from 8 pm to 6 or 6:30am.

6.  I am still nursing, which I plan to do until she is a year old.

7.  She loves to be sung to...some of her favorites are "Jesus Loves Me", "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands", "Jesus Loves The Little Children", "Sing Your Praise To The Lord", "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus", "There's Just Something About That Name" and "Hey Good Lookin'".

8.  She likes to be held upright where she can see everything...and she doesn't miss anything.

9.  She loves playing with the ball popper, blocks, and anything that has music or makes noise.

10.  She's a homebody.  She loves being at home with all of her things.  Anytime we go out of town, when we get home and take the blanket off of the car seat and she sees where she is, she just starts cooing.

11.  She naps well in her bed and in the car.  She likes to be held for a few minutes, a song and a few kisses and then she likes to be layed down in her bed.  As soon as I lay her in the bed, she pulls her left hand up by the side of her face, looks at me, then closes her eyes.  She also likes to sleep completely sprawled out with no cover.  It just kills me...I sneak in her room to put a blanket over after she is good and asleep and it's like she has a radar or something.  While her eyes are closed and still sleeping, she pulls her feet up to kick it off before I even get out of the room.

12.  She absolutely LOVES animal noises!

Well, I guess I could go on and on and on.  What a wonderful 61/2 months it has been.  It has gone by so fast.  I remember sitting in the doctor's office at her two week appointment seeing other 6 month old babies and it seemed so far away for Hannah.  God is so good all the time, but Hannah is definitely the most precious gift that he has blessed Bryan and I with.  I'm so glad I get to be her mommy....

This was the first picture that we took when she first got home.  She looks so tiny in that big car seat!


This was about 2 weeks ago, and we've taken the big yellow head roll out now....


Week 1 sleeping peacefully all swaddled up and comfy in her wedge positioner...


All sprawled out 6 months later...02/25/11...sorry the pic is at a weird angle-I was taking in the dark quickly hoping that she wouldn't wake up...

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Happy 6 months Hannah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hannah! Jenn you are such a natural at this blogging thing. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete