Monday, February 14, 2011

This and That

Note to self:  Start next baby on 1 tablespoon of new food only when starting on pureed baby food.  So, I got super excited when Hannah started gobbling up the carrots like a champ.  She kept opening her little mouth like a little bird...and it is so much fun to feed a baby that likes to eat!  However, too much food too soon=major constipation.  That's been our week in a nutshell...constipation.  She's doing a little better now since I started her on infant acidophilis, and we're off to sweet potatoes.  She still hasn't had a major blowout yet though, so I'm thinking about a little prune juice added to the "so thin you could drink it through a bottle" sweet potatoes.  Other suggestions are welcome from all you experienced moms. 

Bryan and I have also started a home project...we are putting in hardwood floors in the living room and hallway into the bedrooms and tile in the kitchen....I'm super excited!  Bryan's actually doing the work.  Hannah and I are supervising.  Here are just a few pics from the week...

I really wanted to get a picture of Hannah outside with the pretty snow in the background, but it was -2 degrees on the day that I thought about it, so we took an inside pic with our hello kitty winter hat and snowman on.

The snow was already melting(I don't know why I didn't think about getting a pic of the freshly fallen snow), but the sunset behind our house was just breathtaking.

Hannah sitting up all by herself...no help from the boppy pillow.

My first try at sweet potatoes.

Bryan loading in the hardwood.

Before the rip up began.

And off we go...notice the horrible water damage in front of our back door...the reason we started this project in the first place.

Carpet is up and living room is cleared...well, almost cleared.

Hannah supervising Bryan as he worked. 

She was not giving out any smiles this day, but her little face was just too cute not to get a picture.


Oh, and just a side note...it's 53 degrees outside today!  Spring is on its way!  I think we'll spend some time outside today...maybe a trip to the park.  Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How cute. She looks like Aaron in the pic with the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equal parts apple or grape juice and water helps with constipation!

    ReplyDelete