Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I want to wish all the mamas out there a happy Mother's Day!  Especially to my own....thank you for always giving of yourself for your family...sacrificing, going above and beyond and loving unconditionally...we love you!

I can't believe it's my very first Mother's Day!  It really is hard to believe.  It still feels so surreal that I have a 9 month old little girl that depends on me for everything.  Bryan and Hannah gave me my Mother's Day gift on Saturday morning before we left for the weekend....

 A great devotion to listen to in the car when traveling...
 A precious picture frame...
Now, this is the red bud tree that is in our current yard.  Bryan and I planted this tree 61/2 years ago when we bought the house...it was literally about as tall as the length of my hand.  I'm not sure what is going on at the top of the tree...looks like it is only blooming at the bottom.  Anyway, Bryan had a picture of a red bud tree in my Mother's Day card saying he was getting me one to put in our new yard.  He couldn't get in just yet, because he was afraid it wouldn't survive the month to 6 weeks before we move.  Such a thoughtful gift...I had made the statement that I wish we could take the tree with us, because it was the first tree we planted together in our very first yard.  Now we can plant new roots on our new land...

On Saturday, Bryan and I went to the Keene Farm for the Carney Mother's Day dinner.  It was such a wonderful time visiting and celebrating all the moms....

 Mom and daughter pic
 Hannah with her Great Grandmother Carney

On Sunday, we went to the church where I grew up...in memory of my Granny Bow...and then went to my sister's house for a grill out...it was a blast visiting, playing and eating...so fun!

 Me and Hannah after church...
 My sweet Granny Bow...Thanksgiving 2008
 My sister, mom and me...
 One with Hannah...
 Three generations...

 Finally, a family pic...this never happens...
 Hannah and Grandmama...
 And a pic for fun that I took today on our front porch...I couldn't resist...Hannah now poses for the picture as soon as she hears the camera noise when it's focusing...too cute!

Happy Mother's Day!  My cup runs over....

Proverbs 31...what a role model...
"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."  Proverbs 31:30


1 comment:

  1. So great to see you on Sunday :) Hannah is adorable! I hope she enjoyed seeing the foals and please come back when the house is more put together!

    ReplyDelete